Tuesday, February 17, 2015

My Major

During high school I had no idea what I wanted to do with my life.  I was pretty sure I would go to college, because I made fairly good grades and my parents were willing to help me out with the pay, but it really worried me that I did not know what my major would be.  After a lot of thought and contemplation I decided on being a nursing major, I figured that I like to help people and it sounded like an interesting job.  That quickly changed after I took nursing chemistry my first semester of college.  I decided that nursing would be way too much science for me, and was back to square one with no major.  So I did some research on engineering majors and business majors to see what I could find.  Engineering sounded interesting but still required a lot of science classes, and business seemed alright but not all that interesting.  After looking further into business majors I found out about The Joel A. Katz Music and Entertainment Program here at Kennesaw State University.  It is a program that can be joined in your junior year of college that teaches about the business side of music and entertainment.  I was immediately interested when I found it and decided to learn more.  After doing some more research on the topic I decided I want to do something related to music.  I want to work as an event manager, work with a record label, or run a recording studio and to do so I am planning on majoring in Business Management and starting junior year with The Joel A. Katz Music and Entertainment Business Program.  

No comments:

Post a Comment